Red and Blue Fulldome Festival Brno 2019
From Wednesday June 5 to Friday June 7 the Brno Observatory and Planetarium held the fifth festival of the latest educational shows for digital planetariums. This time in red and blue, anaglyph 3D rhythm.
- The Fulldome Festival Brno 2019 received 66 movie submissions from 21 countries of the world (Australia, Czech Republic, China, Egypt, Finland, France, Island, Japan, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Holland, Germany, New Zealand, Poland, Russian Federation, Greece, United States of America, Spain, Ukraine and Great Britain).
- Finally, there were 49 shows screened with a total length of 1212 minutes (which is 20 hours and 12 minutes).
- The shortest movie was 5 minutes and the longest was 53 minutes long.
- They all took up 29TB on the hard discs of the Brno Planetarium.
- For the first time the festival introduced a 3D section which included 12 shows.
- There were 189 visitors in the audience (two thirds of them were planetarians from all over the world)
- The festival awarded 4 prizes: International Jury Awards (Best Movie and Best 3D Movie), Audience Award and Brno Observatory and Planetarium Director’s Award.
- For the first time, a series of amazing lectures given by the IMERSA was held before the festival. Thanks for them!
- The festival visitors drank 1560 cups of coffee, 420 bottles of Moravian wine, 480 litres of beer and 520 litres of water… they ate 2220 meals and used 4150 plates.